As the New Recruit community is growing, I felt it was becoming necessary to inform everyone about the frequent updates happening on New Recruit, because a lot of new things go unnoticed. I will be sending weekly updates to sum up everything that was done on New Recruit during the week.
New Recruit is updated frequently, almost daily, with bug fixes and new features, small or big. You should only see this message once on every device where you use New Recruit (unless you log out or delete New Recruit's cache).
- Added the News system (in fact it already existed but was broken and unused for years).
- Translation: Fixed bugs with translation. The New Recruit UI can be translated in 2 languages at the moment, French and Chinese. These translations are incomplete though. Game data is not translated at all except for The 9th Age where some stuff may be missing. I will start a new project to allow the community to easily translate game data during the months to come. This will allow generating publicly available translation files for BSData that New Recruit will use. Other apps that use BSData will also have free access to these files if they wish to provide translations for game data. This project is not started yet and may take several months to see the light of day.
- Options Menu: Added a few new options:
- Unit Edition: Display icons for option types. At the moment there are only 2 types of icons.
- The "miniature" icon next to options that represent a model, it can be useful to know which options will actually generate models in game simulators like TTS through Yellowscribe and Warhall for the Ninth Age.
- The "weapon" icon next to options that represent a weapon, only in Warhammer 40k at the moment. Also useful to spot errors on Yellowscribe
- Army Edition: 2 new options that may be useful on tablets or smaller screens, to automatically hide the left panel, or completely hide the left panel et use the + button to hide units, like on mobile
- Profiles: Added back stats to player profiles (accessible in the menu ). Stats used to be there but were gone after an update a few months ago. In your player profile you can submit game reports to keep track of the games you played and see these stats
- Added a game system setting to automatically select a default force when creating a new Roster. Currently only used in AOS to have new lists automatically select the 2023-2024 GHB force but may be useful in the future for other games.
- Major bug fix: There was a bug, that may have been introduced a couple months ago. This caused game data files not to automatically update in some cases and some people had to go to Menu/Force Update to fix that. If somehow this is still happening to you, you can always do the Force Update thing. Please let me know on Discord if you notice anything like that happening again.
- And a lot of small bug fixes...